In appears that the few Fall cards I was going to make have turned into a small collection! I’m certainly not complaining, as a matter of fact, I’m just gonna roll with it. So here you go, my first card made with the Autumn Goodness stamp set. I challenged myself to use the wheat stack on a card and struggled for a bit because I felt like it could only be the focal point. I couldn’t find any designer series paper that I felt matched the colors and the mood I was going for either. As I was putting the card together, I just kept feeling that something wasn’t right. It was too plain and just needed something more. That’s when I thought to make my own background paper with the very stamp that is the focal point! Genius, right?! Ok, well maybe not genius but definitely a good idea. Below is the finished card and as always the specifics, instructions and links to products if you would like to make this card or something similiar yourself. Be sure to come back tomorrow when I will be showcasing some other designers and the Fall cards they have created.
- Stamps – Autumn Goodness (150662) + Die Set = Bundle (155194)
- Card Stock – Cajun Craze (119684); Whisper White (100730); Crushed Curry (131199); Crumb Cake (120953)
- Stamp Pads – Crumb Cake (147116)
- Misc – Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends Marker (151298); Basic Pearl Jewels (153662); Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends Marker ( 147951); Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder (152718); Stampin’Cut & Emboss Machine (149653); Everyday Label Punch (144668)
Measurements: All measurements are in inches
- Crushed Curry Card Stock – 5 1/2″ x 8 1/2″
- Crumb Cake Card Stock – 5 1/4″ x 4″
- Cajun Craze Card Stock – 4″ x 3 1/2″
- Whisper White Card Stock – 4″ x 3″
- Bumblebee Ribbon – 5 3/4″
- Fold your Cajun Craze card stock in half to create a 5 1/2″ x 4 1/4″ card base
- Use your Whisper White piece to stamp your Wheat Stack using Crumb Cake ink. Be sure to stamp you image to one side of the card stock so you have enough room to punch you sentiment piece. Then die cut your wheat stack with the coordinating framelit die.
- Take what is left of your Whisper White piece and punch out your sentiment shape; if you prefer you can stamp the sentiment onto the paper before punching. Use your Crumb Cake ink.
- Using the wheat stack stamp; stamp randomly on the piece of Crumb Cake card stock to create a pattern paper effect. Use your Crumb Cake ink.
- Using the Tasteful Textile 3D embossing folder, emboss your Cajun Craze card stock piece.
- Color your wheat stack with the Light Crumb Cake Stampin’ Blends marker.
- Color one of the Basic Pearl Jewels with the Dark Cajun Craze Stampin’ Blends marker. (leave it on the backing sheet)
- After your colored pieces have dried, assemble your card.
- Adhere the Crumb Cake cardstock to your cardbase.
- Add your punched sentiment to the front of the embossed Cajun Craze piece in a centered position.
- Add your wheat stack to the front of the Cajun Craze cardstock just off to the side of the sentiment covering the end. Use dimensionals to pop up your wheat stack for more depth if you like.
- Adhere the entire piece of the Cajun Craze card stock to the layered card base.
- Remove the Basic Pearl Jewel that you have colored and add it to the card as the final touch.
OCTOBER HOST ORDER CODE: N4BZU4Y7
One click shopping below:Product List
If you would like to save 20% on every order join my team today and become a Chancey Designer.
Follow me on social media:
Join my newsletter : YES